Tochal Ski Resort
Mount Tochal is a mountain in the Alborz range, adjacent to metropolitan Tehran. The mountain has a 12 km long ridge-line. The highest peak is Mount Tochal with an elevation of 3,964 m (13,005 feet). A gondola lift runs from Tehran to Tochal Ski Resort and a modern hotel.
The resort has two-chair lifts and one T-bar. There are seven stations on the telecabin route; Tochal ski resort is located at the seventh station. There are the restaurants at fifth and the seventh stations, and a nice hotel called Tochal Hotel at the base of the resort 3550m, with 30 rooms and suites. Depending on the climate and the amount of snowfall, the ski season usually starts in November and lasts until April or even June.
Quick Facts Mt Tochal Ski Resort
- The ski resort is located at Mt Tochal 7th Station.
- The ski resort base is located at 3550m.
- The top of the resort is at 3850m high.
- The slope length is about 1200 meters.
- The vertical drop is 300m.
- This resort is the 5th highest ski resort in the world (3850m).
Mt. Tochal Gondola Lift
- Built in 1978
- One of the longest in the world (7.5 km)
- First station: at 1600m
- Fifth Station: at 2950 m
- Seventh station: at 3750m
- Length: 7500m
- Vertical climb: 1840m
- 3 ski runs, connected to each other
- The total length of the ski route: about 6 km
- This hotel is located at the altitude of 3550m and serves the skiers for 7 to 8 months per year while the slopes are covered with the snow. It has 30 rooms:
- 6 rooms with single beds
- 11 rooms with 2 single beds
- 8 rooms with twin beds
- 4 suites
- 1 VIP suite
Equipment and Instructor
- It is possible to rent ski and snowboard equipment.
- Ski instructors are available for hiring. It is also possible to hire an experienced guide who can take you to other mountains and off-piste skiing.
How to get there
Tehran Chamran Highway Velenjak St.